Today’s the day! It’s my 27th birthday, and just a quick recap of everything that has happened this past year…
1. Stopped teaching.
2. Officially went full-time in my business.
3. Celebrated our First Wedding Anniversary
4. Had our Baby Boy.
5. And it is still alive by some miracle with me as Mom.
Over the past couple of years there has been a lot of change and I wanted to make sure to reflect on the lessons from just the past year.
See below for my life lessons that I plan to pass on to my children. (Or YOU since you are currently reading this!)
1. Becoming a parent is the best thing you will ever do.
2. I don’t recommend growing a business and a baby unless if it truly is the only option. Or if you start the business and then three months later find out about the baby. Lol.
3. Wake up earlier. Go to bed earlier.
4. People are more generous than you can imagine. Let them be.
5. Begin your journaling habit now. It’ll save you years of therapy. And you’re welcome for both of those things.
6. You know the next step. Take it.
7. Mindset & visualization is not withcraft. But it will make more things possible.
8. God has your back.
9. How to take care of a cast-iron skillet. Turn on your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat the inside of your skillet with olive oil. Bake the skillet inside the oven for 30 min. Turn off oven & leave skillet inside when timer goes off. Never use soap.
10. Look at 3/4 of your hair. You will lose it after you have a baby. Probably from the pulling.
11. Wait to find out the gender of at least one of your kids. Life is surprising, but this was one of the best surprises.
12. Put your phone away from the bed at night. You’ll actually do something beneficial. Like read a book. Or talk to your husband. Or solve world hunger and tell no one.
13. If you don’t know how to do something then read, read, read. But don’t read yourself into inaction.
14. If you don’t have time, you will pay for it.
15. If you don’t have money, then you will make time for it.
16. Labor is in your mind, but they aren’t joking about transition. That shit is real.
17. Building a biz is just like a human baby. Starting is super fun, but showing up every day is going to require at least one shit diaper. And is going to give you back a thousand reasons why you’ll continue to show up tomorrow.
18. Delegate where you can. Get a roomba.
19. Getting a puppy is preparing you for a baby. But a baby is like 15 puppies at the top of a down escalator and you are trying to walk up there.
20. Find one go-to quick dessert. I recommend Cinnamon Cake & vanilla ice cream.
21. Moisturize your face & elbows.
22. You always have enough money for a pedicure.
23. Make your own face toner. 2 parts witch hazel, 1 part aloe vera, 1 part water, and 5 drops of Lavender essential oil. Spray on after you follow lesson #21.
24. You won’t remember the first 3 weeks of having a baby. So take lots of pictures ans give yourself grace.
25. Cloth diapers are a hell of a lot easier than you think they will be.
26. Money is not bad and not something to be afraid of.
27. Reject the blueprint of what’s normal. You’ll land on your feet right where you always wanted to be.
Episode 035 on The TLC AcceleratorSHOW NOTES This is a guest episode on The TLC Accelerator with Britney Gardner. Creator of The Badass Brand and host of The Know, Like & Trust Show podcast, Britney Gardner is a brand strategist who helps health + wellness pros...
Episode 001 on The TLC AcceleratorSHOW NOTES It is January 2020, and I KNOW you set some big goals for this year! 2019 was a doozy & you do not want the same thing to happen this year. I bet that a lot of your goals start with "I do (BLANK) to have (BLANK) so I...
Cause no one likes it when you throw up from anxiety on a sales call… Here’s a quick sales objection training to help you book more clients with skill & grace.